This is the kind of dish that will make you lick the sauce from your lover’s lips, hips, do a back flip, and skip. It’s that damn good!
I discovered this hot honey wing recipe from a post to my Facebook page from the National Honey Board. With a few modifications, it is all the rage at Café L’Amour! I made it for a lunch date the other day, and let me just say, we unexpectedly celebrated Superbowl Sunday early (Go, Seahawks!!!). With me as the quarterback, chicken wings in hand, the opposing defensive line tackled me before I could make the pass. This is a good thing in the game of cooking with love. I came out of the “nooner” a champion! Go ahead and get you some pre-game action.
OH, SOOOO HOT HONEY WINGS
Honey is everything in the world of aphrodisiacal foods, combined with fiery hot sauce, sweet molasses, and the flavorful Creole spices that make up this recipe, I guarantee you’ll have a love feast. Serves 4
|INGREDIENTS||SPICES & HERBS|
|2 pounds chicken wings, separate drummette from wing (discard …)||1 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups buttermilk||1 teaspoon red pepper ♥♥|
|2 cups flour||1 teaspoon black pepper ♥♥|
|1 teaspoon chili powder ♥♥|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|Alternately, use Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning|
HOT HONEY SAUCE
|½ cup honey ♥♥|
|1 tablespoon molasses ♥|
|4 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce ♥♥ (Frank’s Red Hot)|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
♥ = love stimulant
♥♥ = sexual desire stimulant
AMOROUS COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Oh, So Hot Honey Wings stimulate both love and sexual desire. Burn a pink and red candle while making this sexy dish and visualize your wish for sweet love and a burning desire that’s hot like fire.
- In a cast-iron skillet, pre-heat canola oil to 160 degrees
- Marinate separated chicken wings in the buttermilk for at least 30 minutes
- Remove chicken wings from buttermilk and lay flat in a shallow glass dish and season both side of the chicken with the spices (spices should be combined)
- Place the flour in a separate bowl and dredge each piece of chicken before dropping in the heated oil
- Cover the skillet and let cook for approximately 6 to 10 minutes before turning wings over to cook on the other side (the internal temperature of the wings should reach about 160 degrees)
- Drain chicken on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet
HOT HONEY SAUCE
Pre-heat sauce pan, add butter, molasses, honey and hot sauce, combine until well mixed; dip each chicken wing in sauce and return to the cooling rack; let set for a few minutes before plating.
♥Serve on a heart platter and eat with your fingers♥